Most civilians are now complaining about the crypto and bitcoin mining noise. Industrial noise can be very hazardous as it can contribute to workplace injuries and even psychological stress. It can also result in reduced productivity levels. A single bitcoin mining machine is estimated to produce 80-95 decibels of sound. The mining process uses computers to tackle complex mathematical equations to earn more coins. Computers need a fan to stay cool. The fans whirring constantly generates a lot of noise hence the noise pollution effect. Some of the mining facilities tend to use industrial cooling to reduce the warmth during the mining process.
Crypto and bitcoin mining noise reduction can be achieved through the following ways.
- Use of industrial fan silencers. Since fans are used during the mining process, they can be contributors to the noise. Use of the fan silencers can greatly reduce noise both in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Add noise barriers. Noise barriers are capable of blocking the direct path of the sound waves from the cause of the noise. The barriers do not stop the noise but they greatly help reduce the noise. The noise barriers function by enclosing the cause of noise within sound-absorbing materials, for instance mineral wool.
- Use sound–absorbing materials. These materials can be of great help to reduce industrial noise. Materials like wood, metal, and concrete will make the sound bounce off hence causing noise pollution. Choosing materials like fiberglass insulation and foam padding is the ideal thing to do as they are capable of absorbing sound. Place the sound–absorbing materials on ceilings, walls, and even on the floors.
- Sound barrier walls. The sound barrier walls are designed for high control of outdoor noise. The barrier wall is commonly used outdoors to control HVAC noise, whirring sound from the fans. Most of these sound barrier walls are made of environmentally durable multiple constructions that help in absorbing sound energy and block excess noise which leads to noise pollution.
- Nanotechnology soundproofing foam. Soundproofing foam can also be used to reduce the excess noise produced during the crypto and bitcoin mining process. Nanotechnology converts sound waves into heat. The foam is always available and the manufacturers inject it with a nanopowder then it forms the microscopic channels. The tubes then transform acoustic vibrations into heat, dispersing the sound.
Industrial noise control is one of the vital safety considerations which every crypto and bitcoin mining industry should take into consideration. Companies should look for the best solution to reduce the noise because it can greatly interfere with the environment making it uncomfortable for people to live in. This will make it easier to improve the relationships with the neighboring community.
In conclusion, there are several ways to reduce the excess noise generated during the crypto and bitcoin mining process. The above article illustrates some of the methods the companies can adopt. The companies can settle for reflective material for instance concrete and brick which make the sound waves bounce in different directions. By solving the noise pollution effect, the company will be able to carry out its functions without any issues with the state authorities.